ACF Fiorentina launch competition for fans to design 2022-23 fourth shirt – SportsLogos.Net News
After revealing a new club crest last month, Serie A side ACF Fiorentina handed design orders to their fans.
Saturday, the club and constructor Kappa launched a contest on their site for fans to design their fourth kit for the upcoming 2022-23 season. Budding artists have until April 17 to download a template and submit their design ideas.
“The most original and appropriate designs to represent the image and values of Fiorentina will be selected and transformed into real match kits,” reads the site (translated into English by Google).
Once the finalists are chosen, they will be put to a fan vote to determine the winning design.
The full contest rules are available for download. herebut the main ones listed on the contest website for designers to keep in mind include:
- The primary colors cannot be purple (Fiorentina’s traditional home kit color) or green (thanks to a new rule imposed by Serie A from 2022-23).
- You can use more than three colors as long as one is dominant.
- You can offer a circled, striped, striped or checkered pattern, but there should always be one dominant color.
- You may not reproduce the Fiorentina logo or its elements (for example, you may not use only the lily, the V of Viola or the name “ACF Fiorentina”).
- You cannot modify or move the Fiorentina logo, the Kappa logo or the Mediacom logo.
- You cannot change the shape of the shirt (eg, collar, sleeves) – the structure must remain as it is).
- You must use the white template which you can download here and develop a proposal in PDF, JPG or PNG format.
- Each participant can only submit one jersey.
It is not the first time in recent memory that a major European football club has asked supporters to create shirts. In January, Borussia Dortmund on the side of the German Bundesliga launched a contest for fans to design their 2023-24 home kit. The nine finalists have been announced end of February and fan voting ended on March 18. A winner has yet to be announced.
Graphic feature courtesy @ACFFiorentinaFR /Twitter