Examiner’s Agenda, February 2 – centraljersey.com
• Registration is open for the spring 2022 HEWYBL flag football season. HEWYBL now has two leagues: a mixed league and a new girls-only league. HEWYBL flag football is open to children aged 5-14. The deadline for registration is March 16. The season will run from early April to mid-June. All matches will be played at East Windsor. HEWYBL flag football typically attracts players from Allentown, Cranbury, East Windsor, Hamilton Township, Hightstown, Millstone Township, Robbinsville and West Windsor. Season details can be viewed at www.HEWYBL.com. To register, visit www.HEWYBL.com and select “Register” in the upper right corner. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Monmouth County Park System’s National Seed Swap Day (cancelled by snow on January 29) will be held on February 26 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Tatum Park Red Hill Activity Center, Red Hill Road, Middletown. This event invites local gardeners to swap their vegetable, annual, perennial and native seeds for something new. Details are available at www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or by calling 732-872-2670.
• Monmouth County Parks System will host the Casual Birder on Feb. 22 at 9 a.m. at Crosswicks Creek Park, Upper Freehold Township, meet in the Province Line Road parking lot. Join a park system naturalist for a morning walk with the birds. Open to all ages; under 18 with an adult. To free. Details: 732-842-4000.
• Monmouth County Parks System will be hosting a Winter Wonderland Walk on February 23 from 10-11:30 a.m. at Clayton Park, Upper Freehold Township, meet at Emley’s Hill Road parking lot. Join a naturalist from the parks system and explore nature in winter. Open to all ages; under 18 with an adult. Sturdy shoes are recommended, the paths used may have slopes or tree roots to step over. To free. Details: 732-842-4000.
• Monmouth County Parks System will host Historic Valentine’s Day on February 12 and 13 from noon to 3 p.m. at Historic Walnford, Walnford Road, Upper Freehold Township. See samples of historic 19th century valentines and create your own. Open from 10 years old. To free. Details: 732-842-4000.
• Monmouth County The library offers six courses available at any time and without prior registration on Virtual Yoga, highlighting breathing, movement, stretching and other activities. Each program is offered at https://ly/MonCoLibraryYoga. Programs are offered by Steven Russell of Becoming Sound. Those interested can choose their own path with moves from six of the most popular library video course series. The sessions are yoga breathing; yoga stretches; yogic movement; Yoga stretches with support; Yoga at home on the floor; and Standing Home Yoga. Individuals should consult a physician before beginning any exercise program.
• New Jersey Blood Services, a division of the New York Blood Center, is looking for volunteers to assist donors at area blood drives. No medical training necessary. Volunteers must be open to providing friendly customer service, be able to complete tasks as needed, and must provide proof of COVID vaccination prior to volunteering. Must have transportation. All training is provided, including precautions to be taken for the safety of staff and blood donors. For more information, call or text Sharon Zetts at 732-850-8906, Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. To apply online as a blood donor volunteer, go to https://www.nybc.org/support-us/benevole-nybc/benevolat-application/
• The village of Allentown Initiative (TAVI) invites area residents to join in a special effort to patronize local businesses. Sign up at www.allentownvinj.org to receive a weekly email highlighting shops and restaurants in Allentown. The email will feature unique products, services and promotions offered by entrepreneurs in Allentown and Upper Freehold Township. There is no cost to participate. To register and for more information, visit www.allentownvinj.org
• CentraState Medical The Center has launched a new online bereavement support group led by clinical social workers who are licensed and certified in grief counseling to help people who have experienced the loss of a loved one. The group is open to adult members of the community who have experienced the loss of a loved one. Private groups provide a safe, non-judgmental space for participants to share their emotions and struggles. The group meets via Zoom on the first and third Thursdays of each month at 3 p.m. To register, call 732-303-5170 or email Ametzger@Centrastate.com or Ssouza@Centrastate.com
• Samaritan Center, a joint ministry of St. Thomas More and Old Tennent Presbyterian Churches, operates a food pantry to provide extra food to people in need in Manalapan, Marlboro, Englishtown and Millstone Township. For more information, call 732-446-1142 and make an appointment. Cash and food donations are gratefully accepted to support the operation of the center. Volunteers are always welcome.
• Embroiderer’s Guild of America – Monmouth Chapter is dedicated to teaching and sharing the joys of sewing. The organization welcomes embroiderers of all levels. The evening embroiderers will meet via Zoom on the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Day embroiderers will meet via Zoom on the third Thursday of each month at 10 a.m. Details: Toni, 732-462-5540, or visit the website: www.mcega. org
Agenda items can be sent to email@example.com. Please submit items at least two weeks before a scheduled event.