Will DFW home prices continue to rise? + Dallas ISD Toddler Program
Happy Monday, Dallas residents! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s going on in Dallas today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Cloudy and sunny weather. High: 78 Low: 63.
Rent this space:
Are you a a local business owner or trader in Dallas? We want to start showcasing trusted companies that can solve problems for our amazing local readers. Learn more about how it works.
Here are the top 3 stories in Dallas today:
- Like many parts of the country, Dallas-Fort Worth has seen a steady rise in house prices over the past two years, and experts say that won’t change in 2022. As economists call for smaller year-over-year home price increases over the coming year, selling prices are expected to continue rising into the new year as the market continues to rise. North Texas is experiencing low inventory and high demand. Over the past five years, house prices in the area have increased by about 50 percent. (To free: News; Subscription: Denton Record Chronicle)
- Dallas ISD recently announced plans to expand its pre-kindergarten program to include babies and toddlers. The Start Strong Dallas program does not yet have an official schedule, but is expected to include language and social skills development. Most of a child’s brain develops by the age of 5, according to the school district, and many children already have learning gaps by the time they enter Dallas’ existing pre-K program. ISD. (FOX 4)
- For the ninth consecutive holiday season, the Give a Leg Up Foundation traveled through Dallas distributing donations of clothing, shoes, bags and more to local residents in need. Don Kaye, owner of a local sporting goods store, loaded his truck and stopped at several parking lots with his family to distribute the donated items. “It’s good to show [my family] how to give back to people, âsaid Kaye, who launched the Foundation to carry on this tradition of holiday giving. (NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth)
today Dallas Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
- Last week, the Dallas Mavericks closed the giving season by giving out tons of goodies to over 50 kids experience roaming. (Instagram)
- There is still time to visit the Holidays at the Arboretum exhibition until December 31! Tickets must be reserved at www.dallasarboretum.org. (Instagram)
- Over the holiday weekend, the Center for Creative Connections at the Dallas Museum of Art opened a new free exhibit titled “Rooted,” which explores the relationship between man and the environment. (Instagram)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Do you like the Dallas Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Introduce your local business to readers
You are now in the know and ready to go out this Monday! I’ll be back to your inbox tomorrow with a new update.
– Nicole fallon-peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a graduate journalist and writer in Media, Culture and Communication from New York University. She has been a freelance journalist, editor, editor and editorial director for various B2B media. She is currently the co-owner and operator of the content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.
Comments are closed.